There is no doubt organizing and planning a wedding is exciting and a challenge at the same. From the copious amounts of crucial decisions to make prior to the big day, it is like that you will be pouring a lot of your resources to every detail. One of your biggest decisions for the wedding is where to have it.
If you are considering of tying the knot in the beautiful Ras al Khaimah, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll provide you with the nitty gritty on getting married in Ras al Khaimah. Yes, that includes the requirements. Let’s get to it!
For marriage services in UAE? Click here to send an inquiry.
What are the requirements for an expat couple to get married in Ras al Khaimah?
- Premarital health check certificate issued by a government clinic or hospital;
- Original passports of the expatriate couple;
- Original residency visas of the expatriate couple;
- Birth certificates of the expatriate couple;
- Marital status certificates stating that applicants are either widowed, divorced, or single
You may want to know: You need a guardian to get married in the UAE
What are Conditions for Expat Marriage in Ras al Khaimah?
- The expat couple must be able to present a UAE residency visa;
- Both parties must undergo medical examinations prior to a court marriage;
- There has to be a written consent of the bride’s father for the marriage. For a bride with a deceased or unavailable father, the uncle, brother, or cousin that’s available can serve as the guardian of the bride. In exceptional cases, a cleric sheikh will assume the role of the guardian
Note: when it comes to marriage in Ras al Khaimah, the requirements, conditions, and formalities greatly vary, depending on the situation of the couple. This is why it is advised to seek the help of experts on Ras al Khaimah court marriage. Not only will you be able to get specific details on the process of getting married in the emirate, but experts can also provide you with assistance in securing the necessary legal paperwork.
Find more – Court Marriage without Witnesses in UAE possible?
What are the requirements for a marriage between an expatriate man and Emirati woman?
The requirements for a court marriage between an expat man and an Emirati woman are as follows:
- For the fiancée, original and copy of the family book;
- Emirates ID cards of both contracting parties, original and copies;
- Premarital health check certificate, original and copies;
- For the proposed groom, a good conduct certificate, original and copies
- There must be two competent witnesses that are of legal age during the court marriage;
- Personal attendance is required for the fiancée, fiancé, and their legal representatives or legal guardians provided that they are of legal age and considered competent in the eyes of the law
- The Emirati woman must not have obtained her citizenship through dependency; otherwise, she won’t be allowed in getting married to the expatriate groom
The process of getting married in Ras al Khaimah for an expat man and UAE local bride involves the submission of a marriage application along with all aforementioned documentation to marriage officer, signing of application by all parties involved including the two witnesses and legal guardians or representatives before the presence of a marriage officer, settlement of the fees for marriage including the fee of the official who will officiate the marriage, paying the fee for processing the marriage license, and receiving the original and copy of the marriage contract.
Read more: How to Marry in Sharjah?
What are the requirements for UAE Nationals to get Married in Ras al Khaimah?
The requirements for UAE nationals to marry in Ras al Khaimah include:
- Emirates ID cards and copies (applies to the contracting parties);
- Family book and copy (for the legal guardians or representative);
- Valid passports and copies (for the groom and the bride);
- Premarital health check certificate issued by a government medical institution (original certificate)
If the marriage between two UAE nationals will be conducted outside the premises of RAK Courts, then legal guardian’s personal attendance, witnesses’, as well as the bride’s personal attendance won’t be required. But, the husband, marriage officer, or legal guardian must be present before the Courts to complete procedures for marriage contract notarization in UAE.
The process of marriage in Ras al Khaimah for UAE nationals involves the submission of a marriage application along with all aforementioned requirements to a marriage officer, signing of application by all contracting parties, including the two witnesses before a marriage officer, notarizing an application for marriage that’s duly completed, submission of a marriage contract at the RAK Courts either by the husband, marriage officer or legal representative, paying the fees prescribed by the RAK Department of Legal Marriage Officers, receiving original and copy of marriage contract.
Read more: Getting Married in Dubai as an Expat: Requirements, Legality & More
To know more regarding the requirements, conditions, and procedures for getting married in Ras al Khaimah, call us here in Dubai Court Marriage! Our team of seasoned marriage lawyers based across the UAE will be able to help ensure an easy and smooth court marriage anywhere in the country.