Like any other formality, getting married in Dubai has its own set of procedures that you must be aware of, mainly if the union is between an Indian and a Filipino. You must complete the requirements with certified paperwork that have been confirmed by several authorities to be married in Dubai as a Filipino or Indian expat.
Requirements for Indian and Filipino marriage in Dubai
Indian and Filipino Marriage in Dubai is possible as long as one of the couples satisfies the prerequisites, which include the following:
- The applicant must abide by Indian law since they are a citizen of that nation.
- For marriage solemnization, you will need a current Dubai resident visa.
- Before getting married in the UAE, if one of you has a visitor’s visa, you must undergo a thorough medical test.
- The marriage must take place before the non-Muslim UAE court in Abu Dhabi. It is because their dual nationality makes it impossible for them to be married at the embassy.
If you want to wed in Dubai, you must ensure that the documentation has been finalized. It prevents you from being overwhelmed and having a nervous breakdown on the big day by preventing you from running in circles. Marriage in Dubai has its procedures, just like any other formality. This essay will concentrate on marrying an Indian and a Filipino. Specific requirements must be satisfied, and paperwork must be authorized and confirmed by various agencies for both nationalities to be married in Dubai.
Please stop if you are presently focusing most of your effort on selecting the ideal wedding attire and the location. To ensure that your big day will happen, you must take care of the paperwork beforehand. There are several forms to fill out when getting married abroad in your place of origin. Before deciding on any celebration details, couples should consult the Consulate General.
You may want to know: Civil Wedding in Dubai for Filipinos
For an Indian and Filipino Marriage in Dubai, they must complete the following procedure:
- Fill Joint Affidavit Form
- Fill Application Form for Matrimony (each for the bride and the groom)
- Announcement of Marriage Form
- Marriage Report
Necessary documents required for Indian and Filipino Marriage in Dubai
- Current passport-size photographs (for bride and groom)
- Copy of the bride and groom’s passports
- The Department of Foreign Affairs has authorized NSO CENOMAR.
- The parental counsel (applicable to applicants aged 21 to 25; must be authenticated by the DFA)
- Parents’ agreement (applicable to applicants aged 18 to 21; must be authenticated by the DFA)
- Certificate of civil status from the applicant’s embassy or consulate in the UAE
For Muslim grooms previously married, the first wife’s written approval must be shown and validated by the applicant’s embassy or consulate in the UAE.
You want to know about Marriage for Filipino and Nepali in Dubai
Selecting the location of the wedding
The Philippine Consulate only authorizes Filipino nationals to be married. Hence an Indian and a Filipino couple must look into other wedding locations. If the couple is Christian, church marriages are acceptable. If you decide to contact a church, you should be prepared with the cost of having a marriage performed there.
Any Christian who wants to be married may do so at a hotel or another location. Couples who wish for the church to recognize their marriage must follow all the rules and regulations it establishes.
In an Islamic court designated as the marriage section, the marriage ceremony will be conducted for a Muslim wedding. The groom must be Muslim, and the couple must both have valid residency permits. Furthermore, two Muslim men must be present to serve as witnesses. After their wedding ceremony, a couple might have a party to commemorate their marriage.
You should know: Marriage Procedure for Pakistanis and Indians
Marriage Requirements for Non-Muslim Expats in the UAE
Taking premarital counselling sessions
- If Filipino and Indian couples want to be married in the Catholic faith, they must first go through counselling sessions before the wedding. Before a couple enters the altar, Catholic churches provide counselling services. The church will award a certificate to individuals who completed the premarital counselling sessions satisfactorily.
- As one of the pre-nuptial obligations, the certificates must then be presented to an officiating priest. Filipino and Indian Catholics must complete several forms provided by the church, attach copies of their passports, their birth and baptismal certificates, and a letter of authorization (NOC) from a parish priest in their respective home countries.
- To lawfully marry a Catholic, a non-Catholic must get a NOC from the General Consulate. This NOC must state that the non-Catholic is allowed to do so. Additionally, a copy of the death certificate or divorce decree must be provided if the applicant was previously married. The desire to marry will be published on public noticeboards for three weeks as soon as the prerequisites are turned in to the couple’s preferred church. The marriage will only go through if there are complaints.
Be aware that the church has the right to request further paperwork. In most of the area’s churches, NOCs and nuptial forms are necessary.
You want to know: How Filipinos can get married in Dubai
How may Dubai Court Marriage assist you?
The authorities may want more paperwork from an Indian and a Filipino couple before they can start a marriage. If the procedure is overwhelming you, we sympathize. Fortunately for you, marriage lawyers in Dubai can help you with your intention to wed there. Call us immediately to schedule a meeting with one of our marriage lawyers in Dubai or legal experts.
Please don’t wait to get in touch with Dubai Court Marriage, if you want to know more about Indian and Filipino Marriage in Dubai.