For an expat marriage to be legal in the UAE, specific guidelines must be fulfilled. The epidemic has significantly changed marital relations because to travel constraints and job obligations. Today, a large number of foreigners wed in the emirates themselves. The establishment of weddings for people of all nationalities that are legal not only in the United Arab Emirates but also in the place of origin is made possible by Dubai court marriage.
Filipinos are the third-largest ethnic group among expats in the UAE, according to a study from The National News. They are a significant portion of the UAE workforce, working in various industries, and they unquestionably have a significant economic impact on the country.
It may seem difficult to perform a legal marriage amid a pandemic, but it is achievable if the proper preparations and procedures are taken. This article talks about the difficulties Filipinos have getting married in Dubai and applying to have their unions recognized in the UAE.
Essential Requirements for Filipino Weddings in Dubai
You must confirm that you have completed all the necessary papers and documentation. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck in neutral. You have overwhelming anxiety as the big day draws closer.
Couples in the Philippines must present paperwork authorized and attested by several agencies. You should study the following guidelines and get familiar with the different wedding packages before choosing your ideal clothing.
The Requirements for Filipino Weddings in Dubai
- Applications for both partners’ marriage
- One affidavit of joint parties
- One form of wedding announcement
- An official report on marriage
Required Documents for a Filipino Weddings in Dubai
- Recent bridal and couple passport-size images
- With DFA authentication, the NSO CENOMAR certificate
- DFA verifies parental approval
- passport copies and the original document
- Bride and groom’s visas and Emirates IDs
- DFA validates parental guidance
- Certificate of civil status from the Consulate or embassy for the applicant who resides in Dubai
- The bride and groom’s health is attested to in the pre-marriage certificate.
- A residency permit is necessary for Filipinos and other nationalities. Additionally, they may be given a tourist visa. The first step in registering a marriage in the UAE is for a couple to speak with a lawyer to assist them in getting a resident visa.
The majority of Filipinos are already married, which is one of the things we see most often. Divorce is prohibited. In such cases, UAE is not a possibility, particularly for women whose passports include the names of their ex-husbands. Due to the need for divorce or singleness evidence, this is. And almost all nations do not accept such instances.
However, you should let our marriage lawyer know about your circumstance to see if anything can be done.
A) If both parties are citizens of the Philippines, you must submit the following documents to the Consulate’s marriage section:
- Signed Marriage Contract
- Marriage Report
- Marriage Certificate
- The contracting parties’ passports.
B) The following must be done if one of the contracting parties is not a citizen of the Philippines:
- First, complete the Report of Marriage Form.
- Deliver one (1) original and five (5) photocopies of the “English Translated Marriage Contract” to the marriage section of the Dubai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Justice, respectively.
- Submit five (5) color pictures and five (5) copies of each party’s passport in color.
- Pay the necessary courier fees.
- Make your way to the cashier to pay.
- The deal is concluded. Await the courier’s delivery of the paperwork.
Filipino Weddings in Dubai: Cost
The average cost of a Filipino wedding in Dubai may vary depending upon the venue, depending on the location, the bride’s nationality, and other elements. You can get better advice on the cost and other procedures for a Filipino wedding in the UAE from marriage consultants.
UAE Courts Approving a Marriage Between Two Filipinos
A local marriage officiant known as a Mazoon will perform the marriage of a Filipino and any other citizen in the United Arab Emirates. The government has granted the Mazoons permission to perform weddings in the UAE. In the United Arab Emirates, a court determines a person’s marital status. The judge reviews the application when the fee has been paid, and it has been turned in. The marriage is canceled and declared invalid if it is discovered that the information provided in the application is inaccurate or if any required documents are missing. The pair will get a decision and a certificate if their application is accepted.
Filipino Weddings in Dubai are Challenging
Since divorce and wedding cancellation are taboo in Filipino society, many Filipinos find it difficult to get married in Dubai. As a result, removing the spouse’s name from the passport—necessary for a marriage to be recognized in the UAE—is no longer required.
To legitimize such unions, one needs thus get in touch with the appropriate firm, like Dubai Court Marriage, which has the knowledge and experience to simplify the marriage process in Dubai and other emirates. If you have any queries about the marriage laws in the UAE for persons of all nationalities, get in touch with our marriage lawyer at Dubai Court Marriage.