For all the young expats living in the UAE, getting married is nearly a dream. Young expatriates want to marry and reside in the emirates since the nation provides safety and security and offers diverse work and business possibilities. Many Georgians choose to visit the UAE and reside there because it is only a three-and-a-half-hour flight away. As a result, young Georgian expats in Dubai should be aware of the procedure and measures required to legitimize a Georgian wedding. This post will walk you through the stages of obtaining a Georgian wedding certificate in Dubai and how Dubai Court Marriage can make the process comfortable and straightforward for married Georgian expats.
Why Does a Georgian Wedding in Dubai Need to be Legalized?
Let’s start with why legalizing a wedding in the UAE is vital. There are three key reasons why an expat living in the United Arab Emirates might or may desire to marry here. The following are some of the reasons:
- To formalize the relationship-A couple that is not legally married but has a legitimate marriage certificate cannot stay together in the UAE. Therefore, when a couple plans to stay together in the UAE, it is necessary to register and establish their marriage.
- To live with your spouse under the same roof- Continuing from the previous point, if a couple chooses to live together in the nation, they must be legally married and have their marriage certificate certified by a Notary officer.
- For the Procreation of Children-Finally, planning a family should be done only after the couple obtains the wedding or marriage certificate signed by the appropriate authorities to be authenticated. If Georgian national wishes to marry in the UAE, he or she should visit the marriage attorneys at the Dubai Court of Marriage. They will assist you in every way they can to legitimize your marriage in the nation.
When you marry in Georgia, you will receive your marriage certificate. You will need to provide an apostille written in English, as well as copies of your passport and Emirates ID, to the UAE embassy to validate this marriage certificate. The delivery time is usually between two and seven days. Furthermore, the request must be made in person. If you are unable to be in Georgia at this time, our local personnel may be able to assist you with the apostille process. After the apostille is delivered to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai, your wedding certificate will be legitimate.
How to Legalize a Georgian Wedding in the United Arab Emirates?
The processes to legitimize a wedding in the UAE are straightforward if the system is well-understood and the necessary paperwork is in place. We’ll go through everything in depth here.
Expats wishing to marry in the UAE must meet the following two requirements: –
- Both the bride and groom must be at least eighteen years old.
- At the ceremony, there must be at least two witnesses.
The following are the documents required for the marriage:
- Bride and groom’s passport copies
- Copy of the bride’s and groom’s birth certificates
- Witnesses must present valid identification.
- The couple holds valid resident visas.
- If appropriate, include proof of divorce, death certificate, etc.
Furthermore, some particular criteria of embassies may exist, which must be met. If you have any doubts, you should see an expert UAE marriage lawyer who can assist you with the necessary papers and procedural work for your wedding in Dubai.
Legalisation of a Georgian Marriage Certificate in Dubai
The next issue that could spring to mind is if a marriage that was solemnized in Georgia is also lawful in the UAE. Yes, this is a valid question. Georgia provides the couple with a marriage certificate when the marriage is solemnized in the state. To get the wedding recognized by the UAE courts, the couple must present an apostille in English. A copy of the couple’s passport and Emirates ID must be attached.
This procedure authenticates the Georgian marriage certificate in Dubai. Also, suppose the marriage certificate is written in English. In that case, it must be translated into Arabic by government-approved translators, and both the English and Arabic copies of the certificate must be submitted in the UAE for authentication. The procedure takes two to seven working days to complete and must be performed in person.
The marriage certificate will be valid once the apostille has been sent and registered with the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs. All of this is simple if you contact the Dubai Court Marriage lawyers.
How Can a Georgian Wedding in Dubai be Legalized With the Aid of Dubai Court Marriage?
A team of professional lawyers works with us at Dubai Court Marriage. They are up to date on the most recent UAE court regulations for legalizing a marriage within the nation. We will assist you in every way we can to legalize and confirm your wedding within the country. We’ll walk you through everything, from the paperwork through the application and marriage certificate attestation. To know more about the legalization of the Georgian Marriage Certificate in Dubai, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, and we will gladly assist you.